Rockwell American, a Dexter company, the premier supplier and manufacturer of axles, doors, venting products and related components in the utility trailer, boat trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty and manufactured housing markets, has an opportunity for a Materials Manager at our axle manufacturing plant in Royse City, TX - conveniently located in the Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) area. The plant itself encompasses 54,000 ft and has approximately 70 non-union employees operating on two shifts.
Dexter is an industry leader with a highly developed distribution network and plants in the states of Indiana, Oklahoma, Georgia, California, Tennessee, Florida, and Texas and in the provinces of Ontario and Alberta in Canada. Dexter has achieved its many years of success through a commitment to the principles of superior quality, continuous improvement, and unparalleled customer service.
Dexter has achieved its many years of success through a commitment to the principles of superior quality, continuous improvement, and unparalleled customer service. In 2013, Dexter expanded our product offering with the acquisition of Unique Functional Products (UFP), a leading axle manufacturer in the marine industry. In the late 2014, Dexter Axle Company also acquired AL-KO Axis. In 2015 Dexter acquired the Titan Brake and Actuator business. In September 2016, Dexter purchased Rockwell American. In December of 2016, Dexter purchased the heavy duty axle and suspension manufacturing assets of Ingersoll Axles, along with the light duty axle manufacturing assets of Standen’s from the IMT Group. In February of 2017, Dexter purchased the axle, brake and actuation business assets from Tie Down Engineering. Dexter is well known for providing superior quality, service, and support.
For more information about our company, access Dexter's web site at www.dexteraxle.com.
Dexter offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Dexter’s benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA, HSA, and 401(k) Plan with company contributions.
The Materials Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager, and will be responsible for production planning, plant scheduling, and the procurement of materials. The Materials Manager will work closely with our Shipping/Warehouse Manager, Director of Purchasing, and Production Superintendent to deliver product to our customers on time while optimizing cost, quality and equipment utilization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a comparable technical discipline and at least 6 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Of the 6 years of experience, 3-5 years of materials management and production scheduling experience in a heavy manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will combine hands-on execution with the ability to think strategically.
- Experience in high-volume metal fabrication (e.g. forming, cutting, welding) and assembly or in the automotive or heavy truck sectors a definite plus
- Experience scheduling a highly seasonal operation requiring rapid changes in output and a high degree of product variation
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems and reporting tools
- A working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and tools based on experience with Six Sigma, Toyota Production System or similar methodologies
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interact with all levels of both internal and customer organizations
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- A strong customer service mindset
- Professional certification in Materials Management of Supply Chain (CSCP, CSM, CPSM, etc.) a plus
- A personal drive for growth and the potential to accept additional responsibilities within the organization